Best Baseball Agility Drills 2.0
Agility drills (with video) designed to develop dynamic explosiveness in baseball athletes.
"Mike Trout, star center fielder for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, doesn’t touch a baseball or a bat in the off-season and focuses instead on power and agility." - Wall Street Journal
Power, strength, agility, speed... these are the marks of elite infielders.
One of the best ways to improve your results - individual or team - is by improving players' speed over short distances and the ability to rapidly change direction.
Agility is the bridge between strength training and athleticism on the field.
Neuromuscular adaptation, improved athleticism and injury prevention are just some of the critical benefits that an athlete can receive with agility training.
This bonus program includes...
- Best agility drills for infielders (with video); 16 Agility Workouts, designed to develop dynamic explosiveness in baseball athletes. A great thing for coaches to have for practices! Or for individual players to do on their own time.
- Easy follow-along videos. I'll keep the time, show you proper execution, speed tips and more.
- Elite training you can do with very limited equipment and space (There's an entire agility session you can do with a single cone!)
- Videos to demonstrate each movement ensures easy understanding and proper execution
- Tips to improve times in popular drills that scout & coaches use for evaluating a player's explosiveness, speed, and agility.
- Tips for improving the most important aspects of an infielder's athleticism... speed over short distances and the ability to rapidly change direction.
Doug Bernier debuted in the Major Leagues in 2008 with the Colorado Rockies, and played professional baseball for 16 years (Rockies, Yankees, Pirates, Twins, & Rangers organizations).
He has played every infield position at the Major League level.
After retiring from playing, Doug began to work for his home team in Denver Colorado, the Colorado Rockies. He spent 2 years as a Pro Scout, and then 2 years as the Major League Game Planning Coordinator.
As of 2022, Doug is now the Minor League Defensive Coordinator for the Colorado Rockies.In 2012, Doug founded Pro Baseball Insider.com, a platform where MLB and MiLB baseball players and coaches donate their knowledge.
As the Defensive Coordinator, he's tasked with setting the fielding and base running expectations, planning defensive workouts during spring training, and overseeing all infield, outfield and baserunning development, from Rookie ball all the way up to AAA.
Doug lives in Denver, Colorado, with his wife and 3 kids, and currently is a pro scout for the Colorado Rockies.
StartAgility Drill 1 - Line Drill (9:19)
StartAgility Drill 2 - 5-10-5 shuttle (6:01)
StartAgility Drill 3 - Box Drill (6:20)
StartAgility Drill 4 - Agility Ladder #1 (12:17)
StartAgility Drill 5 - Agility Ladder #2 (15:11)
StartAgility Drill 6 - Agility Ladder #3 (12:47)
StartAgility Drill 7 - 2 cone drill (8:41)
StartAgility Drill 8A - Dot Drill (1 set) (9:24)
StartAgility Drill 8B - Dot Drill (2 sets) (18:55)
StartAgility Drill 9 - Jump Rope (Time) (4:43)
StartAgility Drill 10 - Jump Rope (100x) (6:47)
StartAgility Drill 11 - 4-3-2-2 Lateral Cone (9:08)
StartAgility Drill 12 - Shuffle Drill (7:38)
StartAgility Drill 13 - T-Drill (7:27)
StartAgility Drill 14 - Top end speed agilities (5:47)
StartAgility Drill 15 - Pregame sprints (7:04)
StartAgility Drill 16 - 5 yard starts (5:30)