Practice Plan, PLUS The Perfect Fielding Drill Progression (Infield / Outfield practice drills)
Correct bad habits & reduce fielding errors with this simple drill progression (plus bonus material)
Inside this mini-course are series of short videos that teach one of the most useful fielding drills I've ever come across.
It's essentially one simple drill that grows with the player.
In fact, while I've used this drill progression to teach 7 year olds, I'll also show you the version I used for myself during my 16 seasons playing professional baseball.
It's a simple fielding drill that helps to correct a whole bunch of bad habits...
...replacing those bad habits with good technique that will dramatically reduce both fielding AND throwing errors.
These short videos are JAM PACKED with incredible fielding tips, including...
- Why this common fielding advice about "funneling" might be causing you to make errors
- How to teach (and maintain) professional-style glove work
- Pro tips to increase athleticism in fielding
- The 7 lethal mistakes to avoid... these are some of the most common reasons infielders make embarrassing errors. We'll talk about what those mistakes are and why this simple drill helps to teach correct technique.
- 2 types of throwing footwork that are good, and one to always avoid
- How players can use this drill at home alone, by themselves, or coaches can use it with a whole team
- Bonus Material - More infield & outfield drills, plus an entire practice plan template for coaches
Doug Bernier debuted in the Major Leagues in 2008 with the Colorado Rockies, and played professional baseball for 16 years (Rockies, Yankees, Pirates, Twins, & Rangers organizations).
He has played every infield position at the Major League level.
After retiring from playing, Doug began to work for his home team in Denver Colorado, the Colorado Rockies. He spent 2 years as a Pro Scout, and then 2 years as the Major League Game Planning Coordinator.
As of 2022, Doug is now the Minor League Defensive Coordinator for the Colorado Rockies.In 2012, Doug founded Pro Baseball Insider.com, a platform where MLB and MiLB baseball players and coaches donate their knowledge.
As the Defensive Coordinator, he's tasked with setting the fielding and base running expectations, planning defensive workouts during spring training, and overseeing all infield, outfield and baserunning development, from Rookie ball all the way up to AAA.
Doug lives in Denver, Colorado, with his wife and 3 kids, and currently is a pro scout for the Colorado Rockies.
Preview2 Cone, 1 line drill (2:29)
Preview2 Cone with throw (2:10)
Start2 Cone, Forehand (3:07)
Start2 Cone, Backhand (2:35)
StartGain Ground Drill (2:16)
StartChop Your Feet Drill (1:42)
StartTrig Drill, Forehand (1:54)
PreviewTrig Drill, Backhand (2:07)
Start1 Cone Drill (1:49)
StartFlips - Beginner - High 5 Drill (2:41)
StartFlips - Intermediate - Box Drill (3:02)