Situations & Strategy for Infielders
Get a jump on the competition and never be bored in the infield again when you know how to read game situations (18 Videos + printable cheatsheets)
Does an infielder just stand around kicking dirt until the ball gets hit to him?
A good infielder is mentally engaged on EVERY play, whether the ball is hit his way or not.
This mini-course is about much so more than just knowing where to be...
Former Major League infielder helps players learn to think ahead through game situations.
Getting players used to thinking through situations will make not only make the infielder more successful (because he'll consistently be in better positions to make plays, and therefore more valuable to his team)...
...but it will ALSO make the entire game more fun!
In this course we cover...
- Team tactics to prevent runners from advancing
- Where you can position yourself to for the most impact (the hitter might think you're a mind reader, but really you're just playing the odds)
- The 4 different depths that EACH infielder needs to know... double play depth, infield-in, regular, and half way (Know WHEN and WHY you're there, and how to do make the most of it)
- How to avoid being in the wrong place, throwing to the wrong base, and other common embarrassing mistakes
- What to do when there's a runner on 3rd and you're trying to stop them from scoring
Because like most sports, infield is a lot more fun when you understand the strategies and "chess match" behind every single play.
Stop being a bored by-stander. In baseball, there is a purpose for every pitch, every position player's positioning, every sign or decoy sign.
With deeper understanding, you can start to predict pitches and moves and - the fun part is - knowing how to execute WITH CONFIDENCE.
Doug Bernier debuted in the Major Leagues in 2008 with the Colorado Rockies, and played professional baseball for 16 years (Rockies, Yankees, Pirates, Twins, & Rangers organizations).
He has played every infield position at the Major League level.
In 2012, Doug founded Pro Baseball Insider.com, a platform where MLB and MiLB baseball players and coaches donate their knowledge.
Doug lives in Denver, Colorado, with his wife and 3 kids, and currently is a pro scout for the Colorado Rockies.