Best Baseball Agility Drills
Agility drills (with video) designed to develop dynamic explosiveness in baseball athletes.
"Mike Trout, star center fielder for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, doesn’t touch a baseball or a bat in the off-season and focuses instead on power and agility." - Wall Street Journal
Power, strength, agility, speed... these are the marks of elite infielders.
One of the best ways to improve your results - individual or team - is by improving players' speed over short distances and the ability to rapidly change direction.
Agility is the bridge between strength training and athleticism on the field.
Neuromuscular adaptation, improved athleticism and injury prevention are just some of the critical benefits that an athlete can receive with agility training.
This bonus program includes...
- Best agility drills for infielders (with video); There are 8 categories of agility drills, with between 1 and 6 drills in each category, designed to develop dynamic explosiveness in baseball athletes. A great thing for coaches to have for practices! Or for individual players to do on their own time.
- Elite training you can do with very limited equipment and space (There's an entire agility session you can do with a single cone!)
- Videos to demonstrate each movement ensures easy understanding and proper execution
- Tips to improve times in popular drills that scout & coaches use for evaluating a player's explosiveness, speed, and agility.
- Tips for improving the most important aspects of an infielder's athleticism... speed over short distances and the ability to rapidly change direction.
Doug Bernier debuted in the Major Leagues in 2008 with the Colorado Rockies, and played professional baseball for 16 years (Rockies, Yankees, Pirates, Twins, & Rangers organizations).
He has played every infield position at the Major League level.
In 2012, Doug founded Pro Baseball Insider.com, a platform where MLB and MiLB baseball players and coaches donate their knowledge.
Doug lives in Denver, Colorado, with his wife and 3 kids, and currently is a pro scout for the Colorado Rockies.
StartIntro to Agility
StartAgility Drill 1 - Single Cone Series (4) (0:52)
StartAgility Drill 2 - 5:10:5 Shuttle (0:25)
StartAgility Drill 3 - Bounding Series (0:25)
StartAgility Drill 4 - Box Drill Series (0:51)
StartAgility Drill 5 - Ladder Series (3:23)
StartAgility Drill 6 - Lateral Hurdles (0:53)
StartAgility Drill 7 - Shuffle Drill (0:13)
StartAgility Drill 8 - T Drill (0:25)