Elite Catcher Boot Camp (Replay)
LIVE catcher workouts with MLB catcher, video analysis & more
This listing is for the Bootcamp Replay PLUS the FULL Elite Catcher training program
World Series winning catcher Ryan Lavarnway hosted an in-depth learning AND PRACTICE opportunity for catchers.
Think of it as a baseball catchers clinic you can do from home...
...except WAY better because it's going to go way more in-depth than your average baseball camp ever could.
Introducing the Elite Catcher Bootcamp!
If private catching lessons + online instruction...
....and your favorite baseball camp...
...had a baby 👶🍼, this would be it.
- Interact with and learn from MLB catcher
- Live catcher workouts, 5 days a week. Ryan will be geared up and doing the drills right along with you! (At least for a couple weeks, until MLB season starts, and then he has to leave)
- Full access to The Elite Catcher instructional videos (4 hours of edited content), your own personal library of catching drills (70 drills and counting), resources (Strategic drill progression to advance your skills from basic to advanced), and more
- Each workout will "deep dive" into the Skill-of-the-day, including how to choose between the many different techniques available BASED ON WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU... Whether you're talking receiving, blocking or just about any other skill, there are often several different techniques to choose from. Ryan will help you discover what works best for your body and gives you the most success.
- Practice drills tailored to a specific skill for that day, followed by...
- Personalized VIDEO EVALUATION by Major League catcher - For each lesson, you'll have the option to submit a brief video of yourself, executing the skill-of-the-day. (Thankfully this will be a much smaller group than The Quarantine Challenge was, otherwise it wouldn’t be possible to give everyone that much individual attention)
- Major League secrets for better pop time and stronger, more accurate throws
- Working with pitchers and umpires
- Get in some great reps, improve fitness, get out some energy
- End the isolation and be part of baseball community!
- Learn receiving, blocking, throwing, how to move around the hitter, Major League tips for getting the most out of our body, SO MUCH MORE.
And of course, each day Ryan will be answering your questions as you go through this together.
How to join the Elite Catcher Bootcamp?
This live event replay is free for members of the Elite Catcher training program.
To be part of the Elite Catcher Bootcamp, and get your lifetime membership in The Elite Catcher training program (Value $495), sign up below at the specially discounted quarantine rate.
After that, I'll send you the link to join the private VIP Facebook Group where the Bootcamp will be held.
Hope to see you there!
PS. In case you're wondering, here's some more info about the instructor, Ryan Lavarnway
- Ryan Lavarnway is currently a catcher with the Miami Marlins
- Ryan has also played for Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles, Atlanta Braves, Oakland Athletics, Pittsburgh Pirates, Cincinnati Reds, and New York Yankees.
- 8 Seasons in the Majors
- He's a super smart Yale guy who also earned a World Series ring with the Red Sox in 2013.
Basically, I can't think of a better guy to learn catching from!
Click here to learn more about The Elite Catcher https://academy.probaseballinsider.com/p/the-complete-catcher
and get enrolled in the Elite Catcher Bootcamp (starts Monday at 11 am)
PPS. This is an AWESOME opportunity, so if you know a baseball player who would appreciate this chance to work with a Major League catcher & be part of a fantastic community, I hope you'll share this with them. Much thanks! - Doug
Ryan Lavarnway, Catcher
Ryan Lavarnway is an experienced Major League catcher with 8 seasons in the Major Leagues
- Ryan Lavarnway has played with the following MLB teams: Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles, Atlanta Braves, Oakland Athletics, Pittsburgh Pirates, Cincinnati Reds, and Miami Marlins
- Lavarnway attended Yale University where he studied philosophy and played baseball for the Yale Bulldogs.
- In 2007 he was named a Division 1 All-American after setting multiple single season records, and in 2008 he became the Ivy League's all-time career Home Run record holder.
- Lavarnway was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 6th round of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft.
- Two-time Boston Red Sox Minor League Offensive Player of the Year
- Rated by Baseball America best defensive catcher in the International league in 2012.
- When Lavarnway made his Major League debut with the Boston Red Sox on August 18, 2011, he became the first player in MLB history to hit two Home Runs and throw out a runner in his first start as a catcher.
- In 2013, Lavarnway earned a World Series title and ring with the Boston Red Sox.
- 2019 - Lavarnway became the first player in history to hit 2 home runs in his debut game with the Cincinnati Reds
- More recently, Lavarnway was a key member of Team Israel in the World Baseball Classic is 2016 and 2017, earning himself MVP of Pool A of the Tournament.
StartWorkout #1 - Stance Mechanics (14:13)
StartWorkout #2- Fine Tuning Blocking, Receiving, & Throwing (13:39)
StartWorkout #3- Ankle and Hip Stability (10:38)
StartWorkout #4- "Out and Up" Glove Movement (14:00)
StartWorkout #5: Fundamentals (11:58)
StartWorkout #6- Creating Straight Lines (9:42)
StartWorkout #7- Throws To Second On A Straight Line (9:57)
StartWorkout #8 - Expanding The Yardstick Method (11:25)
StartWorkout #9 - Catching From The Knee (11:37)
StartWorkout #10 - Replicating Game Scenarios in Practice (11:48)
StartWorkout #11- Unusual Catcher Plays (11:48)
StartWorkout #12- Ankle & Hip Stability With Air Discs (14:22)
StartWorkout #13 - Body Movement and Maintenance (11:12)
StartWorkout #14 - Correcting Body Weight In The Action Stance (13:03)
StartWorkout #15 - Using Your Body To Frame The Low Pitch (11:48)
StartVideo #16: Discussion With Eddy Rodriguez (17:14)
StartWorkout #17- Avoiding Unnecessary Movement While Receiving (12:15)
StartWorkout #18- Mechanics To Keep The Ball Close While Blocking (12:44)
StartWorkout #19: Common Mistakes in Young Catchers (8:27)
StartWorkout #20- Run Prevention (6:34)