Elite Catcher Bootcamp
20 Follow-along catcher workouts with MLB catcher, personal video analysis & more
Miami Marlins catcher Ryan Lavarnway hosted an in-depth learning AND PRACTICE opportunity for catchers.
Think of it as a baseball catchers clinic you can do from home...
...except WAY better because it's going to go way more in-depth than your average baseball camp ever could.
Introducing the Elite Catcher Bootcamp!
If private catching lessons + online instruction...
....and your favorite baseball camp...
...had a baby 👶🍼, this would be it.
- 20 "Daily" Catcher workouts
- Don't just gain head knowledge, but actually TRAIN YOUR BODY by following along with Major League catcher Ryan Lavarnway, as he walks you through each exercise, and shares invaluable tips and insights along the way
- Learn how to choose between the many different techniques available BASED ON WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU... Whether you're talking receiving, blocking or just about any other skill, there are often several different techniques to choose from. Ryan will help you discover what works best for your body and gives you the most success.
- Major League secrets for better pop time and stronger, more accurate throws
- Pro tips for working with pitchers and umpires
- Get in some great reps, improve fitness, get out some energy
- Learn receiving, blocking, throwing, how to move around the hitter, Major League tips for getting the most out of our body, SO MUCH MORE.
PS. In case you're wondering, here's some more info about the instructor, Ryan Lavarnway
- Ryan Lavarnway is currently a catcher with the Miami Marlins
- Ryan has also played for Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles, Atlanta Braves, Oakland Athletics, Pittsburgh Pirates, Cincinnati Reds, and New York Yankees.
- 8 Seasons in the Majors
- He's a super smart Yale guy who also earned a World Series ring with the Red Sox in 2013.
Basically, I can't think of a better guy to learn catching from!
Ryan Lavarnway, Catcher
Ryan Lavarnway is an experienced Major League catcher with 8 seasons in the Major Leagues
- Ryan Lavarnway has played with the following MLB teams: Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles, Atlanta Braves, Oakland Athletics, Pittsburgh Pirates, Cincinnati Reds, and Miami Marlins
- Lavarnway attended Yale University where he studied philosophy and played baseball for the Yale Bulldogs.
- In 2007 he was named a Division 1 All-American after setting multiple single season records, and in 2008 he became the Ivy League's all-time career Home Run record holder.
- Lavarnway was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 6th round of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft.
- Two-time Boston Red Sox Minor League Offensive Player of the Year
- Rated by Baseball America best defensive catcher in the International league in 2012.
- When Lavarnway made his Major League debut with the Boston Red Sox on August 18, 2011, he became the first player in MLB history to hit two Home Runs and throw out a runner in his first start as a catcher.
- In 2013, Lavarnway earned a World Series title and ring with the Boston Red Sox.
- 2019 - Lavarnway became the first player in history to hit 2 home runs in his debut game with the Cincinnati Reds
- More recently, Lavarnway was a key member of Team Israel in the World Baseball Classic is 2016 and 2017, earning himself MVP of Pool A of the Tournament.
StartWorkout #1 - Stance Mechanics (14:13)
PreviewWorkout #2- Fine Tuning Blocking, Receiving, & Throwing (13:39)
StartWorkout #3- Ankle and Hip Stability (10:38)
StartWorkout #4- "Out and Up" Glove Movement (14:00)
StartWorkout #5: Fundamentals (11:58)
StartWorkout #6- Creating Straight Lines (9:42)
StartWorkout #7- Throws To Second On A Straight Line (9:57)
StartWorkout #8 - Expanding The Yardstick Method (11:25)
StartWorkout #9 - Catching From The Knee (11:37)
StartWorkout #10 - Replicating Game Scenarios in Practice (11:48)
StartWorkout #11- Unusual Catcher Plays (11:48)
StartWorkout #12- Ankle & Hip Stability With Air Discs (14:22)
StartWorkout #13 - Body Movement and Maintenance (11:12)
StartWorkout #14 - Correcting Body Weight In The Action Stance (13:03)
StartWorkout #15 - Using Your Body To Frame The Low Pitch (11:48)
StartVideo #16: Discussion With Eddy Rodriguez (17:14)
StartWorkout #17- Avoiding Unnecessary Movement While Receiving (12:15)
StartWorkout #18- Mechanics To Keep The Ball Close While Blocking (12:44)
StartWorkout #19: Common Mistakes in Young Catchers (8:27)
StartWorkout #20- Run Prevention (6:34)